Nggak kerasa, ya tinggal sebulan setengah lagi sebelum tahun 2014 datang. Waktu memang muternya cepet banget. Tahun 2013 ini, aku ikut beberapa reading challenge tanpa benar-benar paham sebenarnya kayak gimana sih sistemnya. Jadi begitulah, semuanya serba kacau hahaha.... Kalau sekarang, lumayan ngerti kalau tiap bulannya kudu masukkin link di linky yang disediain sama blog yang ngehost challenge tersebut. Jadi buat 2014 aku memutuskan buat ikut sekitar 2 challenge, dan salah satunya yang diadain sama Astrid ini. Kenapa? Karena menurutku tiap bulan topiknya menarik. Gitu aja. Hehe.
Ada 14 topik/ kategori yang disediakan. Tiap kategori minimal 1 buku untuk dibaca.
- Visit The Country: Read a book that has setting in a country that you really want to visit in real life. Make sure the setting has a big role in the book and it can make you know a little bit more about your dream destination.
Korea, Jepang, Venice-Italy. Kemungkinan bakal baca Her Sunny Side - Osamu Koshigaya, I Will Always Love You - Jo Chang In, City of Masks - Mary Hoffman.
- Cover Lust: Pick a book from your shelf that you bought because you fell in love with the cover. Is the content as good as the cover?
The Time-Traveling Fashionista On Board The Titanic - Bianca Turetsky. Waktu ngeliat cover buku ini di Gramedia CP rasanya kayak ditarik magnet. Hahaha... padahal nggak terlalu suka warna pink, loh. Moga-moga aja ceritanya secantik covernya, yah!
The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
- Blame it on Bloggers: Read a book because you’ve read the sparkling reviews from other bloggers. Don’t forget to mention the blogger’s names too!
Rencana Besar - Tsugaeda. Gara-garanya ngeliat review Selviana Rahayu, aku lupa link blognya apa nanti diupdate kalau udah nanya. Dan kebetulan lagi kepengen baca genre kayak gini, jadi beli deh karena penasaran banget.
- Bargain All The Way: Ever buying a book because it’s so cheap you don’t really care about the content? Now it’s time to open the book and find out whether it’s really worth your cents.
Ada, nih. Asal comot karena harganya cuma 5000 rupiah kalau nggak salah. Bookends - Jane Green. Kalau liat review sih katanya nggak bagus. Tapi kalau nggak baca sendiri nggak tau ya. Aku suka Jemima J soalnya.
- (Not So) Fresh From the Oven: Do you remember you bought/got a new released book last year but never had a chance to read it? Dig it from your pile and bring back the 2013.
Beauty Sleep - Amanda Inez, Evergreen - Prisca Primasari
- First Letter’s Rule: Read a book which title begins with the same letter as your name (for me, Astrid means A, and I can read anything that started with the letter A). Remember: Articles like “a”, “an” or “the” doesn’t count :)
Oppa & I: Love Mission - Orizuka & Lia Indra Andriana
- Once Upon a Time: Choose a book that’s been published for the first time before you were born (not necessarily has to be a classic book, just something a little bit older than you is okay. You can read the most recent edition if you want to)
The Yearling: Jody dan Anak Rusa - Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
- Chunky Brick: Take a deep breath, and read a book that has more than 500 pages. Yep, the one that you’ve always been afraid of!
The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova. Rencananya mau baca bareng-bareng beberapa anak BBI. Moga-moga seru :3 atau Me Before You - Jojo Moyes.
- Favorite Author: You like their books, but there are too many titles. This is your chance, choose a book that’s been written by your fave author but you haven’t got time to read it before.
The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith, Message from Nam - Danielle Steel, Slammed - Colleen Hoover
- It’s Been There Forever: Pick up a book that has been there on your shelf for more than a year, clean up the dust and start to read it now :)
Vampire Academy #1 - Richelle Mead, Septimus Heap - Angie Sage
- Movies vs Books: You’ve seen the movie adaptation (or planned to see it soon) but never had time to read the book. It’s time to read it now, so you can compare the book vs the movie.
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card, Dear John - Nicholas Sparks
- Freebies Time: What’s the LAST free book you’ve got? Whether it’s from giveaway, a birthday gift or a surprise from someone special, don’t hold back any longer. Open the book and start reading it now :D
Katarsis - Anastasia Aemillia, Lukisan Keempat - Rina Suryakusuma
- Not My Cup of Tea: Reach out to a genre that you’ve never tried (or probably just disliked) before. Whether it’s a romance, horror or non fiction, maybe you will find a hidden gem!
Aku nggak terlalu suka dengan genre Historical Romance... rencananya baca When He Was Wicked - Julia Quinn
- Walking Down The Memory Lane: Ever had a book that you loved so much as a kid? Or a book that you wish you could read when you were just a child? Grab it now and prepare for a wonderful journey to the past :) Comic books or graphic novels are allowed!
Rumah Beratap Merah - Enid Blyton. Atau... baca ulang seri Animorphs - K.A. Applegate, atau seri Adventure - Enyd Blyton!
Mau ikutan? Nih baca dulu peraturannya! :D
1. To complete the challenge, you have to read at least one book for each category, or total of 14 books during the challenge period. You can set your own pace and do not need to follow the categories in particular order. You can also read more than one book for each category. You have to write your reviews in your blog/FB note/Goodreads page/tumblr/etc.
2. Please write a master post about this challenge in your blog/Goodreads/FB notes/etc, and submit your link below for signing up. You can use this master post to sort down the book(s) that you’ll read for each category, and edit them later if necessary. The sign-up linky will be opened from November 12, 2013 throughout the year until December 1, 2014.
3. There are also linkies for each category of the challenge. Please submit your link of review posts for each category in their respective linkies. These linkies will be opened in January 1, 2014 until December 31, 2014.
4. At the end of the challenge, write down a wrap-up post and submit the link in the linky too. The linky for wrap-up posts will be opened until January 10, 2015 to give you more time for wrapping things up. It’s okay if you don’t finish the challenge but you are not eligible to be selected as the winner.
5. After the wrap up post linky is closed, I will pick two lucky winners who had completed the challenge for winning great bookish prizes (including book vouchers, novels, and other exclusive bookish gimmicks/goodies :) ) The prizes will be revealed soon, so please stay tuned. You must have delivery address in Indonesia to be eligible for the two grand prizes.
6. If you are an international participant who doesn’t have Indonesian mailing address, don’t worry, I’ll also choose two winners, each winner can pick any book from The Book Depository for maximum of $ 10.
7. I’ll try to write a round-up post every month and pick some of the most interesting reviews. And who knows? Probably there will be some surprise gifts and giveaways throughout the year :)
Now, let’s start this wonderful 2014 and get ready to tackle some great books!